Procurement of FM Services
London Borough of Bexley
- Support the procurement of new Facilities Management contracts, to commence following the expiry of the previous Total Facilities Management (TFM) contract.
Scope and Outputs
Development of a governance structure and suite of project management documents to support the implementation of the procurement of new FM Service contracts
Development of specifications, processes and procedures to the support the operation of the new contracts
Market engagement including delivering bidder briefing sessions
Development of procurement documents to support the tender and appointment of suitable professional service providers for Hard and Soft FM service, including ITT, method statement questions, price matrix, answering clarifications questions, completing the contract award documents
Development and delivery of a procurement timetable comprising open and restricted tenders across the FM service contracts
Successful delivery of the procurement process, from Tollgate 1 Stage (Planning) through to Tollgate 3 (Contract Award) to enable appointment of new service providers to deliver the service contracts
Successful appointment of seven new FM service providers, including Building Maintenance (Mechanical & Electrical and Building Fabric), Cleaning Services, Security, Lift Maintenance, Fire Risk Assessments, Water Risk Assessments and Asbestos Surveying services.
Social Value Commitments Achieved
- To employ at least 80% of staff for this contract from the London Borough of Bexley
- Ensure at least one vacancy will be ring fenced for resident with disability
- Offer all vacancies for this contract to residents that are considered NEET in the first instance
- Provide three 2-week work placements for pupils attending Bexley schools
- Provide one apprenticeship place for a young person (NEET) per annum
- Provide one day of paid leave for all employees to undertake volunteering work for a charity based in or operating from the London Borough of Bexley
- Complete a sustainability performance checklist and develop an EMP in accordance with IS4001 accreditation
- Liaise with Urban Bees to sponsor an additional beehive in Bexley
- Promote local employment through the supply chain by procuring subcontract services through local SMEs. Work with SMEs to develop technical and management skills of employees.
- Hold residents’ employment workshops.